For French Dip Crescents
(recipe makes 2 meals for our group)
1 lb deli roast beef, thinly sliced
4 ounces swiss or provolone cheese, but in 16 equal sized pieces
1. Unroll crescents onto a large cookie sheet.
2. Place a slice of roast beef and a piece of cheese on each crescent.
3. Roll crescents starting from the wide end and ending at the narrow end.
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes, until crescents are firm, but not quite cooked through.
5. Flash freeze, then bag in ziploc bags.
For Easy Au Jus
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1 tsp garlic, minced
1/8 cup white wine
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 1/2 cups beef broth
1 tsp flour
1. Caramelize onions in olive oil. Add garlic & cook for a minute or two more.
2. Deglaze the pot with white wine, then add worcestershire sauce and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
3. Add beef broth & bring to a light boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
4. Strain broth & return it to pot. Add flour and simmer an additional 5 minutes
5. Freeze sauce in ice cube trays to create single servings, or in a freezer-safe container.
Bake crescents from frozen at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Reheat sauce in microwave.
Adapted from a recipe found here: http://www.mamalovesfood.com/2012/01/french-dip-crescents-with-easy-au-jus.html