For our exchange, each family receives one 8 x 8 pan. Each the recipe makes two 8 x 8 pans.
Also, since I used plain marinara sauce, I added diced onions and garlic to the meet as it was browning for extra flavor.
Four Layer Lasagna
1 box lasagna noodles (no boil)
15 ounce ricotta cheese
4 cups mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 pound ground beef, turkey, or sausage, browned and drained
2 jars marinara or pasta sauce
Mix eggs, ricotta, 2 cups mozzarella, and Parmesan in a large bowl.
Using a 9x3 pan, layer the ingredients in the following order. Be sure to spread filling to edge to seal in.
- Spread 1 cup sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- 4 uncooked noodles, 1/3 ricotta mixture, 1/2 brown meat, 1 cup mozzarella, and 1 cup sauce.
- 4 noodles, 1/3 ricotta mixture, and 1 1/2 cups sauce.
- 4 noodles, remaining ricotta mixture, remaining meat, and one cup sauce.
- 4 noodles and remaining sauce
Cover pan with aluminum foil tightly. Freeze until solid and place in a Ziploc bag.
To serve: Thaw completely. Bake 40 minutes at 350°. Add additional cheese and bake for 10 more minutes.