1 1/2 (8oz) packages vermicelli
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
4 cups milk
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 Tbsp. chicken bouillon granules
1 tsp. seasoned pepper
2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
4 cups diced cooked chicken
1 (6oz) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
3/4 cup slivered almonds
Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 350. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. Melt butter in a Dutch oven over low heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Cook 1 minute, whisking constantly. Gradually whisk in milk and wine; cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Whisk in bouillon granules, seasoned pepper, and 1 cup Parmesan cheese.
3. Remove from heat; stir in diced cooked chicken, mushrooms, and hot cooked pasta.
4. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking dish; sprinkle with slivered almonds and remaining 1 cup Parmesan cheese.
TO FREEZE: Level and freeze unbaked casserole up to 1 month. Thaw overnight in fridge. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature, and bake as directed.
5. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until bubbly. Garish, if desired.
From FIX IT & FREEZE IT, HEAT IT & EAT IT