Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites



These tasty little bites are the perfect holiday snack but they come with a warning.  They are SOOO addictive.  Many of my addictive types of treats I store in the freezer to keep me from eating them right away. But these are best RIGHT OUT OF THE FREEZER! At least I store them in the basement freezer so I have to do stairs to grab a snack - that's ok, right?

Ingredients
1 cup creamy peanut butter*
2 tbsp softened butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
Pretzels
Ghirardelli Chocolate Melting Wafers  (I can find this at my local Kroger.)


Directions
Combine peanut butter and softened butter and combine (I use my stand mixer with paddle attachment).  Add the sugars and mix to combine.  It should be easy to roll at this point.  If not, add additional powdered sugar as needed. 
Line a cookie sheet with parchment. Scoop a small about of peanut butter mixture. Roll each scoop into a small ball, then sandwich them between two pretzels.  (I use a Tablespoon cookie scoop and then divide that into 4 sections. You can use more PB for each bite but I like just enough that it will spread when I squash the pretzels together.) Lay out bites on parchment and place in freezer for 15-20 minutes. 

Melt chocolate wafers. (You can use a microwave or double broiler but I love using my fondu pot.  It stays the same temp no matter if I get distracted.)  Dip each bite half-way into the melted chocolate and return to cookie sheet. Return to freezer to set the chocolate.  When set, bag or box up your treats.  These can be stored in the freezer and can be served directly out of the freezer.  YUM!

*UPDATE: Just made a batch using natural peanut butter.  We had a hard time getting a good consistency to roll into balls.  While the taste is still good, I recommend using regular peanut butter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

RatingWidget