- 1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp shortening
1. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and confectioners' sugar with hands to form a smooth stiff dough. Shape into balls using 2 teaspoons of dough for each ball. Place on prepared pan, and refrigerate.
3. Melt shortening and chocolate together in a metal bowl over a pan of lightly simmering water. Stir occasionally until smooth, and remove from heat.
4. Remove balls from refrigerator. Insert a wooden toothpick into a ball, and dip into melted chocolate.
5. Return to wax paper, chocolate side down, and remove toothpick. Repeat with remaining balls.
6. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.
Found in my mom's family and friends cookbook