(Once a Month Cooking) Serves 6-8/ Yields 3 sides
96 ounces frozen shredded hash browns
3/4 cup onion, chopped
48 ounces sour cream
4 1/2 cups cream of chicken soup, slightly thinned with milk
4 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
6 cups corn flakes cereal
1 cup butter, melted
* Thaw the potatoes just slightly and break them apart well.
* Mix the onion, sour cream, cream of chicken soup and cheddar cheese.
* Stir in half of the potatoes and mix well.
* Stir in remaining potatoes.
* In another bowl or pan, melt the butter.
* Stir the cornflakes into the melted butter.
FREEZING AND COOKING:
· Place the potato mixture in freezer bags.
· Label and freeze.
· Place corn flake/butter mixture into a small freezer bag or container.
· Attach to the potato mixture.
· Thaw potatoes and crumb topping.
· Put into a sprayed or greased 9x13 pan and top with the crumb mixture.
· Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour