1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar (plus more for rolling)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper & set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. Beat together sugars, butter, and 1/4 cup of peanut butter until light & fluffy. Add the vanilla and egg, beating to combine. Stir in the flour mixture and stir to combine, blending well. Set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together powdered sugar & remaining 3/4 cup of peanut butter until smooth.
5. Pull off a heaping tablespoon of cookie dough & flatten with your hands. Take about 1 teaspoon of peanut butter mixture & place it in the center of the dough. Wrap the dough around the peanut butter center, pressing to seal. Roll the cookie into a ball and roll in sugar. Place cookies on prepared baking sheet 2" apart. Using the bottom of a glass, flatten each cookie to about 1/2" thickness.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 7-9 minutes. Let stand on baking sheet for 2 minutes, then remove to a wire cooling rack.
Recipe source: http://bigflavors.blogspot.com/2010/12/supper-club-chocolate-peanut-butter.html